Who We Are
Our Members and Sponsors
Home to over 15,000 members and 140 institutional partners consisting of law firms, corporations, government agencies, legal aid organizations, the courts, and law schools, we are a convener of one of the most powerful legal networks in the country.
For more information about sponsorship, please contact Erica Southerland, Director of Development & Corporate Relations, at 617-778-1930 or email@example.com.
Program Attendees Annually
Sections, Forums & Committees
Programs and Events in a year
What We Do
Our Mission, Impact & Work
As the leader in professional development for the Boston legal community, we host over 500 educational programs every year in all areas of law. Our industry conferences bring together business leaders, in-house legal counsel, and practitioners from some of the fastest growing sectors in Boston.
With an expansive and engaged network, we bring together attorneys at similar points in their career trajectories and practice settings – such as through the In-House Counsel Forum and the Recently Elected Partners Forum.
Our events bring the legal community together for celebration, inspiration, networking, and to give back. With nearly 4,000 attendees each year, our events recognize excellence in the profession, advancements in diversity & inclusion, help expand access to justice, and much more.
We are committed to serving the community in which our members live and work. Whether it is through our public service projects, pro bono trainings, or public policy work, we provide a number of ways to affect change and make a real difference in the community.
Benefits, Opportunities and More
Leadership & Marketing Opportunities
We work closely, on an individual basis, with our Sponsors on the opportunities that are most valuable to them.
- Exclusive access to run news items about your firm or attorneys in our Law Firm News newsletter
- Promotion in ads and news releases throughout the year at BBA annual events and in external publications
- Opportunities for your attorneys to get involved in leadership positions or other roles at the BBA
Professional Development & Conferences
The quality and scope of our professional development portfolio is unparalleled. From our traditional brown bag lunches and CLE programs to our industry-based conferences, we offer a unique and immersive educational experience that brings together in-house counsel and private practitioners.
- Opportunities for your attorneys to participate as speakers, advisory committee members and co-chairs for our programs
- Free or discounted rates for all attorneys for all Boston Bar programming, as well as exclusive early registration for some of our most popular programs
- Group rates, exclusive sponsorship opportunities and discounted or early registration for our industry conferences
Business Development & Networking
As the convener of one of the most robust legal communities in the country, we have developed a number of ways and areas for attorneys to come together – whether based on practice type, career level or interest.
- Opportunities to participate in Boston Bar Forums, such as New Lawyers, Senior Associates or Recently Elected Partners
- Free or discounted rates for our unique annual career conferences and programs
- Networking events exclusive to Sponsor Firm Managing Partners, Executive Directors, and Business Development Professionals
Public service is at the core of our mission. We recognize the immense importance of giving back to our community, and we know that lawyers are uniquely positioned to use their expertise to help those in need.
- Ability for your attorneys to participate in our signature public service projects
- Exclusive opportunities to become involved in serving our community in ways that fit your firm’s needs and their schedule
- Access to the full slate of pro bono trainings throughout the year
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession, and we work together with our sponsors and affinity bar partners to overcome obstacles in order to strengthen our profession.
- Invitations and recognition at the Beacon Award for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Opportunities to participate in all Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programming
- Promotion of all news and events from our Affinity Bar Association partners—so your office and its attorneys have a central place to plan how you want to become involved
With a long record of bringing stakeholders together to make change a reality, we draw on the expertise of our membership to advocate for legislation and policy that promotes justice and improves access to the legal system.
- Ability to participate in advocacy efforts on our core beliefs, such as by joining us to advocate for increased funding for civil legal aid
- Opportunities to become involved with policy committees in our substantive sections, our Amicus Committee or task forces or working groups
- Subscriptions to BBA newsletters and the Boston Bar Journal, so your firm and attorneys can stay on top of the advocacy efforts that matter most to Boston lawyers
BBA Sponsors are our true partners in advancing our mission of supporting excellence in the profession, access to justice, diversity & inclusion, and serving the Boston community. All attorneys and professional staff of Sponsor firms are members of the BBA, and receive full benefits of membership, including discounted and free educational programs, leadership opportunities, public service and pro bono programs, and access to our full range of member benefit services.
For more information or to obtain a detailed proposal, please contact Erica Southerland, Director of Development & Corporate Relations, at 617-778-1930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.