January 16, 2013
Boston Bar Foundation Will Honor Carol Fulp on 1-26 at MFA (Media Advisory)Press Release
Who: Carol Fulp, President and CEO of The Partnership, Inc.
What: The Boston Bar Foundation’s Public Service Award. The BBF is the philanthropic partner of the Boston Bar Association
When: Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Museum of Fine Arts, Boson, site of BBF’s John & Abigail Adams Benefit
Why: Carol Fulp is a leader who has dedicated her career to serving those in need, and has been at the center of philanthropic giving in Boston, including the creation of John Hancock’s Summer Jobs Program, the largest corporate program of its kind in the United States. As head of The Partnership, she runs New England’s premier leadership organization for professionals of color.
- The Boston Bar Foundation is the philanthropic partner of the 10,000 member Boston Bar Association.
- The John & Abigail Adams Benefit is a major fund-raising event for the BBF, and in 2012 raised $600,000.
- In 2012 the BBF made grants totaling $1 million to programs providing civil legal aid to some of Greater Boston’s neediest people.
- Through its special funds, the BBF also supports programs to prevent homelessness, and to widen the pipeline of diverse youth into the legal profession — including summer jobs at law related public agencies and the M. Ellen Carpenter Financial Literacy Program.
- The Co-Chairs of the 2013 John & Abigail Adams Benefit are Thomas Gallitano (Conn Kavanaugh Rosenthal Peisch & Ford) and Paula Andrews (Hinckley Allen & Snyder)