The Boston Bar Association (BBA) will hold a news conference to present the 46 Boston high school students working at law firms and law offices this July and August through the BBA Summer Jobs Program, a partnership among the BBA, the Boston Private Industry Council, and the Boston Public Schools.
Monday, June 28, 2010 at 9 a.m.
Boston Bar Association
16 Beacon Street
Boston MA 01867
– Mayor Thomas M. Menino
– Damian Wilmot, President MA Black Lawyers Association and an associate at Goodwin Procter
– BBA President Jack Regan
– BBA Summer Jobs Co-Chairs David Rosenblatt of Burns & Levinson and Paula Andrews of Hinckley Allen & Snyder
– Alyse Bigger, a 2008 graduate of Charlestown High, an alum of the BBA Summer Jobs Program, and a sophomore at Bates College
– Cinique Ahmad Weekes, a 2010 graduate of Boston Latin School, an alum of the BBA Summer Jobs Program, and an incoming freshman at Boston College
– 46 juniors and seniors from the Boston Public Schools
The Boston Bar Association Summer Jobs Program, established in 1993, will be able to offer more jobs this summer than at any time in its 17 year history – thanks to the generosity and support of law firms and law offices committed to opening careers in the legal profession to a diverse group of young people from Boston’s neighborhoods, and also the Boston Bar Foundation’s Austin Jones and M. Ellen Carpenter Funds.
To see which law firms and law offices are supporting the BBA Summer Jobs Program this summer, click here.